To download an application form click here.
Front of house reception – Stowmarket
We looking to expand our established front of house team with two new members.
This is a busy and engaging role and not one for the faint-hearted. Applicants should be outgoing and confident to engage with our clients positively and helpfully. Previous experience in a customer-facing role is essential.
Shift patterns are 8 am-7 pm, or 8-1 and/or 2-7 rota minimum one month in advance. Weekends are 8:15 am-5.30 pm and shared fairly by rota, approx. 1:3. Flexibility is essential, as working days and shift patterns will vary week by week.
Primarily based at Stowmarket, all receptionists need their own transport so they can travel to our branch surgeries at Needham Market and Elmswell to provide holiday and sickness cover.
- greeting clients and checking them in on arrival
- answering the telephone and assisting with enquiries
- processing consent forms and other admin tasks with accuracy
- liaising with clinical staff to ensure effective customer service
- scheduling appointments
- dispensing medication
- assisting vet with euthanasia procedures and other animal handling
- ringing clients to obtain payment for services and products
- cash management
- opening and closing procedures
- covid-19 safety procedures
- remuneration in line with National Minimum Wage
- 4 weeks paid holiday + paid bank holidays (pro-rata)
- staff discount on pet products and veterinary treatment
- workplace pension (subject to qualifying criteria)
- free on-site parking
- free impromptu treats, such as hot & cold drinks/biscuits/fruit/ice-creams
If you have a passion for customer service and pets, please complete and return an application form available from any of our surgeries, stating how many hours you are looking to work per week. CVs are not required and those who do not return a completed application form will not be considered.